Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tuesday Shows

Bobby Ewing Recommended Nighttime Activities

Mwanza Dover will be performing his Lost Generation DJ set at the Cavern, starting at 10 p.m. Here's what he says about tonight's set list: "I'm gonna start the night out with a French pop/Bossanova set in the first hour. After that I will start the mega mashup remix set. I have been doing a lot of my own remixes to drop in my sets. Expect some surprises. Of course I'm gonna drop some Arthur Lee in Tribute. A small sampling of stuff I'm gonna drop tonight:Hot Chip, Digital Mysticz, Phones, MSTKRFT, Yma Sumac, Echo and the Bunnymen, Thom Yorke and Slayer. You Know the score. Cheers!!!!"

Up in Denton, the Porch event is happening at Dan's Silverleaf. Spitfire Tumbleweeds are scheduled to play, starting at 8:00 p.m.

2 Comments:

Blogger fuzzbuzz said...

I scored some yma sumac on vinyl at a special thrift store but Im not sayin' where!>:)

3:43 PM  
Blogger nerver said...

I grew up on my mom's Yma Sumac albums. I heart Yma!!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home