Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tuesday's alright for hating

We know it's more fun to knock people down than to stand them up, so we understand the hostility. Nevertheless, we're carrying on. We'll still feature things that you think are "uncool" because all your friends say they are. Onward!

Some Nighttime Activities

Danava and Snow Foxxes are both from Portland and will be bringing the rock to the Cavern tonight. The cover is $6. Danava's music is rock tapping the Black Sabbath vein with some synth sounds thrown in to give it a retro prog sound. It's kind of 1970s sounding, so all you naysayers probably won't like it.

The Riverboat Gamblers will also be bringing their loud-ass rock/punk to the area tonight at Rubber Gloves in Denton. Cover is $12, and the support acts are Only Crime, Los Dry Heavers, and Wires on Fire. This looks to be a good show. I'm sure willdowdy would approve. Maybe he and his buddy, johnnyguitar, will film it.

The Format and Rainer Maria appear at the Gypsy Tea Room. Cover is $13; it's all ages; and doors open at 6 p.m. We really enjoy The Format's new album, so we recommend this show if you like good solid pop songs. Also, if you enjoy Queen, you'll like it, but then again, that's another 1970s reference...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Danava rules.

10:26 AM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

Don't forget about Lost Generation upstairs at the Cavern tonight. Dedicated to music that is probably not generic enough for the folks at this page....hehehehehe.......seriously.
those who actually come out the night know I play everything from Nina Simone to Black Flag to MC5 John Coltrane to Os Mutantes to Aphex Twin to whatever else cathes my fancy at the time. I'll play anything as long as it has no melody and is completely abstract so I can scare off all of the customers.(that was sarcasm if ya did not know). Cheers and happy hunting!!!!!!!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Don't forget Wanz. You also play Can. I love it when you play Can.

2:19 PM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

I am just pokin fun. I am in a nihilistic mood today. besides I don't really think my rep can get any worse at this point. I have to put up with a lot of shit pretty much daily due to some the bullsh*t spread about me. Besides I dig the seventies too. Black Sabbath does kick ass and I also get annoyed by some of my music snob friend who are too up their own shit to kick back listen to some Iron Maiden every now and then. I can kind of see their point even though I am part of the very same artfag problem they complain about. I think it hilarious. I promise to be nice from now on..........REALLY.....heheheheheheheheheheheheh!!!!!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home